Monday, January 7, 2013

I Know the Savior Lives


Dear Mom,

A lot has happened this week. There are two ladies the Sisters are working with here that should be getting baptized this weekend.  We're pretty excited about that! Good things are happening!

Jami, I hope everything goes well this week! I thought of something you taught me a long time ago that I have been grateful for ever since. I remember when I was in 8th grade I had a huge crush on -----. Remember that? I wanted to sit on MSN messenger all day and chat with her. I remember as Christmas came around you told me something like, "-----, like other girls, will come and go. But family will always be here. Don't waste this precious family time on the computer with someone that won't matter in a few weeks." I remember thinking something like, "Bull! I'll show you. She'll be there. Hmph." As most teenagers blinded by romance would think. But I took your advice, enjoyed Christmas with the family instead of on MSN, and in a few weeks she wasn't even on speaking terms with me. Haha. It was great advice! And just a couple years later the Prophet of God has even stated a similar message that we should focus on what matters most- that we shouldn't let a job to be done get in the way of a person to be loved. Thanks for teaching your brother such a valuable lesson. Love ya Jami!

This week Elder Memmott and I had some very humbling experiences. We prayed for trials to help us grow in Christlike attributes. Suffice it to say that our prayers were answered. Sharing experiences like the ones we had this week will be a great thing to do with you- my dear family, but not over email. And not now. They are still too close to my heart. I have learned a lot. We'll leave it at that for now. I know the Savior lives.

I love you all so much!

Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment