Monday, April 23, 2012

Yay Jami!


Dear Mom,

Yay Jami! :D I hope you loved the temple, and I'm jealous you get to work there.

To answer your last question, the next transfer date is Wednesday. Unfortunately, and contrary to what we all thought, I am being transferred! I wanted to stay in Aiken with Elder Cramer longer... We all also thought Elder Harper would be leaving since he's been here 4 1/2 months. But nope. Just me. I am still excited though that I will be moving on to a new place to serve the Lord's sheep! P.S. D. V. got a letter from President and Sister Holm welcoming her to the church and being all nice and congratulatory. Yesterday when we told her I was leaving she said she is going to write and complain to President for taking me away :p

We had a good week! We tried a new thing of contacting at least 10 people during prime time (6-9PM). We got lots of good new people from it and lots of fun times!

There isn't really much more to say this week since I'm leaving. I've already started a mind-purge so as to make the transition easier.

We ate dinner with the Haggerty family a few days ago. They have this cat that thinks he is a dog (they have a big ol' dog, and the cat spends too much time with him, I guess). The cat will see a bird in the yard and start "barking" at it, which just sounds like coughing. It's super funny. He eats grass and poop and stuff. Sister Haggerty hates them both :p She also does this really funny thing to her kids (The oldest is about to go on a mission and the youngest is 10). When they smart-mouth or disobey she says "Your older brother Steve said that once. He's no longer with us." Or "Steve snuck out once. Unfortunate choice for him..." Haha. Her kids totally believed (the 10-year-old still does) that there used to be a Steve who got... erased. :p

Well that's about it for this week. Love y'all!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Seaver

P.S. Dad, in response to your letter, yes I am still working out. My forearms are huge now. This apartment didn't have any weights or anything, but there were cinderblocks under my bed that I use to curl and stuff haha. I hope the next apartment has stuff. That workout band thing y'all got me for Christmas is way sweet, too. Lots of good workouts with it. I sure do miss wrestling with you though...

No comments:

Post a Comment