Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Not Ready to go Home - I Want to Start Over Again


Dear mom,
 
You are trunkier than I am! I was just thinking "Oh no... Because of going home 3-ish weeks early for school that means I'm about a year from having to go home. I'm not ready to go home. I want to start over again. I love being here, and I don't want it to end.........." and then I read your li'l shpeal at the end saying "oh counting down now instead of up ladedadedatrunkytrunkytrunky." Ha.
 
Speaking of school, while we're on the subject. I have a research project for you. Look up when the semester next fall will be starting and figure out about registration and all that so I can stay out here the maximum time possible. Crazy to think about, but it's time to start those pieces in motion. BARF!
 
This week was pretty strange. We had a less-than-awesome week last week, so we worked way harder this week and doubled and tripled most of our key indicators. The only one we didn't improve on was people at church. But they didn't just ditch out- they told us the previous few days they wouldn't be there this week. So that was nice of them. Except for one investigator who was supposed to be baptized this coming weekend. She ditched. So we will probably be waiting to baptize her till she is more committed. Sad to have to delay blessings for people, but we can't just baptize people who aren't ready for it. What's that scripture say "it's better for you to have never known me than to have known me and turned away" or summin like 'at.
 
Thanks for the updates on my friends. I pray for them a lot and hope the best for 'em. Glad to hear Tyler is on a mission! I can't believe no one told me that... Hmph. Did I ever tell you Alex Jensen wrote me a letter? It was nice, and I sent my first-ever letter across the ocean in reply. He's in England now. CRAZY how time flies!!!!!! I can't believe how long I've been out here. It feels like I just got to Gilbert yesterday. And I feel like I just left Anderson. I don't even feel like I was in Aiken for longer than a drive through anymore. It all mushes together. But the one thing I never forget about any area is the people who followed their Savior and the Spirit I felt with them. That's the stuff that sticks with you. That's the stuff that really matters.
 
This is the beginning of the last week of the transfer. Most likely what will happen is we will both stay here in Gilbert another transfer. Training missionaries is done with "The First 12 Weeks" booklet now. So it's pretty rare and unusual that the trainer and trainee would be separated during that. In fact, it's only happened once in our mission, with Sister Chai and her trainer Sister Johnson. Sis Chai came out with me. They had to move her on to another companion because that girl was struggling and Sister Johnson was needed to train again. Pretty cool. It's weird cause Sis Chai was trained here in Gilbert. So I could be brushing my teeth in the very room she once hairsprayed her hair... Weird thought. Moving on.
 
2 other things that you might like mom:
 
1) I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but I think I found pressure points in dogs that, when pressed, knock the dog flat on their back so you can pet 'em and love 'em and they can't bite or run :p I also think now that I may just be cutting off the circulation to their brain. Vulcan dog grip.
 
2) There are 8 billion bats that fly around us every night. You'd love it! They're everywhere and they're fast. Way cool! Also, Bro Bryant showed us that if you hold a pug upside-down so it's ears point downward their face looks like a bat's face. It's hilarious! Hahaha.
 
Love ya mom! Quit counting the days! You will make it go slower!

That's about it this week. Love y'all a ton!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment