Monday, December 17, 2012

I Have the Most to Learn


Dear mom,

So this week was pretty sweet. We have 2 really solid progressing investigators, one of whom will be getting baptized this weekend if she can quit smoking. The other is struggling with a few things in her life, and the new Relief Society President and the old RSP totally took her in under their wings and dominated her with the Spirit and took the steps to help her out. It was sweet. I'm glad you'll have the chance to do that for people now, too, mom. You'll be great! Charity, the pure love of Christ, is most prevalent in the RSP, and I know you're filled with it.  So you'll be great. The Lord doesn't call people to callings because they'll be good at it; He calls them because they need to grow from it. I'm not a zone leader because I'm the best missionary in the zone, I'm a zone leader because I have the most to learn, and need the responsibility to force me to grow. You're not RSP because you are the best lady in the ward, you are the RSP to grow. I don't know what the Lord wants you to learn from this, but He does, and you will know, too, before too long. More power to ya! Good luck! Ha-ha.

Anywho, glad to hear all is going well with y'all!

Also, I'm losing weight rapidly. I'm down to 158. Lowest I've been since like 7th grade! But it's all from working out and Oxy Elite Pro- you should get some, it's sweet!

Oh yeah, I will be SKYPEing y'all around 5 my time on Christmas, so like 3 your time. I'll call you that day to let you know for sure. There's only 1 computer and 4 missionaries, and we may end up Face-timing on their iPhone if time is short. But yeah. Good news.

In other news. My camera is broken. It no longer works. The lens doesn't retract and the camera just says "Lens error. Restart camera. Shutting down automatically," every time I try to turn it on. So yeah. No more camera. Oh well, I didn't use it that much anyway ha-ha. I still have the memory card though and will probably send it home some time soon. If I remember. Ha-ha.

I love being a missionary!

Love y'all tons!

Oh yeah, something sweet happened this week too. Friday we got a phone call from a hospice minister from some Christian hospice in Kingstree, about an hour south of where we live (still in our area though). He said that this Methodist lady was about to die and the daughter (a grandmother herself, not a young lady) was taking her home to die. The daughter wanted some LDS people to come over, and this minister knew a member of the church, Bro S. So Bro S gave the minister our number and he called us. That was way to far for us to drive to by ourselves with our mileage limit. But it just so happened that that night the Assistants were coming on an exchange with us, and their van has unlimited miles. So Elder Lash and I drove down around 6:30 to see this lady. Turns out she had moved down here from NY just a few days ago, and had joined the church there only 3 weeks earlier! We had an awesome, really spiritual meeting with her; we blessed her, her mom, and her blind dad. It was an amazing display of the Lord's hand in his work. It just so happens that the goals I wanted to work on in this exchange was to improve my patience and my charity. The Lord blessed me with a 2 hour round-trip car ride, and an opportunity to go into a complete stranger's home, who had no idea we were coming, and exercise my charity. The love in that home was overwhelming, and I am truly grateful to Father in Heaven for blessing me with that opportunity. I know the Lord wants us to be happy. What are the chances that all would line up so perfectly? I know the Lord's hand is in his work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment