Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Satan Sucks! Fact.


Dear family,

This week was great! Yesterday we spent the whole day with Marcus B. Nash of the Seventy and his wife. They are awesome! He is truly full of charity, the pure love of Christ, and I learned so much from him.

I went into the meeting feeling pretty confident about myself, and like I was finally getting the hang of this mission thing, but within a few minutes I was sufficiently humbled. Ha-ha.

We had a special training after for mission leaders, which our whole district attended. There were about 15 other missionaries in there. He ran over a few things and taught us a bit about leadership. I felt super prompted to share at the end something that has helped me on my mission, and especially in leadership. It was weird because usually in meetings like that I don't raise my hand --ever, partly to let everyone else have a chance, and partly because I know I'm not the best out here and I have a lot to learn from everyone else, so I want to hear what they have to say more than say what I already know, y'know? But I felt prompted to share this time. As I was sharing however, Elder Nash looked at me super seriously. Without giving too much detail in this email, he took what I said not how I meant him to. But I'm glad he did. I was humbled once again, and I learned a ton about leadership and about the Savoir I never would have learned otherwise.

I had raised my hand right as we were about to close the half-hour meeting, but it ended up going another half hour with that, and with a conversation sparked from Elder Nash reproving me that was incredibly beneficial to a new missionary in the field here as well as to everyone else about self-worth. So it was cool to see how the Lord used me, little old me, to fulfill more of His purposes. That young missionary would have gone home feeling terrible about himself if Elder Nash weren't so inspired to get onto that topic. He is a great spiritual man, who really knows his stuff. I love that man! He is probably my favorite General Authority I've met. It was a great day!

Other than that, things here are going well. Yes we all sleep in the same room so we can study in different ones. Studies are more important than sleep, and if all 4 of you are in a room, you'll be wasting time on something ha-ha. It's just too fun being with Elder Thompson! He is such a good guy. I love being here in Spartanburg. Did I mention we have a bench press here? I don't know how it got here, but Elder Abankwa had it last year when he served here in Spartanburg, so it's been around for a while. I'm getting huge. Ha-ha. None of the other guys here exercise (they all just sit on their beds and watch), so I am even more motivated to get huge and make it look fun so that they will get excited about morning exercise. I upped all my working out, and I've lost another 3 lbs since getting here. I'm down below 155 consistently. :)

The people we are working with are going through some rough times. Satan sucks! Fact. That's all I'll say about that. But the Atonement is real!!!

I love being a missionary so much! 

Love ya'll! Have a safe flight!

Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment