Monday, October 10, 2011

Bishopric is Awesome!


Mommy

Well first of all, the library computers block the pictures in your emails so I can't see em :(

Thank you for the advice. I just needed a boost. And you're totally right about my relationship with Heavenly Father. I never thought of it like that, but you're absolutely right! Sheesh, do you just know everything or something?!

I'm so glad to hear you are all doing well, and that you are all safe and sound. I haven't gotten your letter from Indy yet, but I got one from Sean. That was cool. It was actually 2 letters, he just hadn't sent em yet. He has his own return address label with a football and stuff on it.

I am super excited to get your letters and that package! The policy is that you have to send stuff through the post office so they can forward it. Dumb, but oh well... Thanks for sending stuff already though! I might be able to get it at the end of this month if we have to go to leadership conference in Irmo.

So I have a sticky note here with all the stuff I want to tell you. I'll start with the temporal things (stuff I need, and so forth) and then tell you about all the church stuff. I need a couple new ties that are polyester. Silk ties get wrecked by sweat, or so I hear, so I'll need a couple polys before summer. The suit policy was wrong in my call packet, too. I have to wear a suit coat every day between conferences in the winter unless it gets over 75. So I've been wearing my old one (divine inspiration to bring that along hahaha) except on Sundays and to mission meetings. I'll be fine I think, I was just wondering if I could get another black suit jacket to wear with my pants, or just next winter a new grey suit. Whatever works, but I don't have to worry about that till next winter, I'm ok for this one. Today it has been raining a lot, and my jacket rocks. Every other missionary got one at Mr. Mac and it's all churchy and whatever, but I like mine a lot more. Good thinking whoever thought of that. Also, did you give the bishop my tithing I had filled out? I was thinking about that the other day. I also was wondering what you thought about me buying my own plastic bowl, plate, and a spoon, knife, and fork, and a plastic cup that are just mine so I don't have to use the stuff in our apartment. I just would rather have my own stuff and not worry about it. What do you think? I'll wait till next Monday to decide though.

So our bishopric is awesome. Bishop Park, Brother Helm (1st ), and Brother Hobbs (2nd ). They are all great guys! We went to the Helms' house on Sunday. They have 3 girls and a boy. The oldest, Elizabeth, I haven't met yet. Emma, the next one, is my age. The last girl is Jennifer; she's 15 and their boy is Rockwell (Rocky is what everyone calls him). They're a cool family. Matthew and Kimberly are the parents. And they have a dog they think is an  Australian Rat Dog or something like that that they got from someone Bro H works with. She's kinda ugly, but way fast and agile and awesome.


Yesterday was my first time legitly in Elders' Quorum at church. It's pretty cool I guess, but not nearly as good as the nursery :/ The Ward Mission Leader (Brother Addison, who is way awesome and nice and his family rocks. He even invited us to lunch after church with one of our investigators, T, which is awesome AND gave us a ride to Seneca last Monday so we could carpool with the Elders there to our training and interview with Pres Holm in Greer the next day) teaches Gospel Principles class and is awesome at it! There is also a guy in our ward named T W who was converted by a senior couple from Orem. Their name is Hendricks. I think it was Sister Hendricks in our old ward! Did she serve a mission in Seneca? If it was her, he wants to know if she's still alive. I can't remember, so can you find out for me?

So I wanted to tell you a little about some investigators. C and M are getting baptized on the 22nd  and they are so ready! They just got married and had their 3rd  baby and all that. I can't remember if I told you about them last time or not. Also R, J, and B. B was gonna be baptized this Saturday the 15th  but her parents won't let her do it without them. R needs to divorce his current wife whom he has been separated from for 10ish years so they can get married. I doubt it's gonna happen, so we're gonna sift ‘em a bit and if they don't get a move on in the next week or so we're dropping ‘em. Also a lady named K  is gonna get baptized on the 29th . I'll tell you more about her later. She's just cool and ready. And T wants to get baptized. We need to teach him stuff, but he's ready in heart. No date yet though. M A is gonna dip in the wata on the 22nd  as well. His wife is a member, so she got him ready for us :)


So I wanted to say a bit about the doctor. I'm assuming you talked to him, and so I'm going on the 25th  to a gastrologist in Anderson. I have dropped 3 belt holes from being sick the last 3 weeks. But I'll be ok. I'm glad to suffer in the name of my Savior. I'll be ok, He'll take care of me :) I'll let you know how the appointment goes.

Well that about sums it up. I'm taking a lot of pictures, and I'll try and find a place to print some off soon. Love you!

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment