Tuesday, October 11, 2011

God Speed the Right


Dear Mom & Dad

I love you guys.  I wish I could write you every day to tell you all about my mission, but that is what a journal is for I guess.  There’s one thing I’ve learned while out here 

it’s this:
Where, when my aching grows?
 Where, when I languish?
 Where, in my need to know?
 Where can I run?
 Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
 Who, who can understand?
 He, only One.

Or, in other words:
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
 He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
 He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
 His truth is marching on.

So, with Him, His will, His way, through His fateful lightning, miracles will come forth in
South Carolina:
Be that prayer again repeated,
 God speed the right;
 Ne’er despairing, though defeated,
 God speed the right.
 Like the great and good in story,
 If we fail, we fail with glory. 

God speed the right.  God speed the right.

Hurrah for Israel!
Love,
Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment