Monday, November 14, 2011

a.k.a. it ROCKS!


All righty my dear family, here is the update on the work for this week- 

Basically we have been struggling to find new investigators and to get our current ones to progress. So C and M have been off the radar for a while. We couldn't get a hold of them or anything. But they have recently started texting us back. C's mom "needs help" with something or other, just what we're not sure, and they have been gone, but they really want to get baptized, and hopefully we will see them tomorrow and get 'em in da wata!

This Sunday at church we had 4 less-active people we had recommitted to their baptismal covenants show up. It's just as sweet to watch them sit there in Sacrament meeting as it is to watch someone get baptized - a.k.a. it ROCKS! We also just so happened to have 5 investigators at church. We have been working hard and praying a lot for some new people to teach, and the ward brought 3 new people - all of whom want to learn more and get baptized - all on their own. YAY!

Also this week I went up to Seneca, the only other area in our district, with Elder Thompson (an Elder who came out with me) for Wednesday at noon to Thursday at noon. It was fun to get out in a new area, and I got to drive while there, too! I love driving. The Seneca Elders are in the town Central which is right next to the college city Clemson. It was fun to knock dorms and whatnot. We nailed our goal numbers by 7 PM so we decided to go to Clemson institute. It was my first time in an institute class! There were 2 kids from my ward here in Anderson there, too, which made me happy. It was a lot of fun. I also had a question while I was sitting there: can you attend institute if you're married?

Oh mom, you have no idea what I'd give to mow a lawn right now. The lawns out here are uncared for and just horrible. I hate it :p I would love to grab a mower and some weed'n'feed and go at it for a few hours. It's just bad. Hahaha. I'm glad to hear the season is over for you though! I heard it snowed in Utah last week?

So I've gained a testimony about marrying within the Faith. I refuse to marry a non-member now. I know in some cases (you and dad) it works out, but not in any out here. There are over 60% of the ward less-active, and over half of them have a non-member spouse. There are only 3 people in our ward who have a non-member husband and still come to church. It's crazy.

I'm so glad to hear primary is going well.  I wish so bad I could see you up there singing. Surprisingly, I actually miss your singing, mom.

I wrote grandpa and grandma Hanna letters last week for their birthdays. I hope they got em.

Ok here is the random stuff section:

This week I set my watch alarm for 11:11 on 11/11/11, PM though cause I forgot AM.. :) only happens twice every 100 years.

I heard you can buy a teflon-coated suit now. SICK!

Every Sunday after Gospel Principles, going over to Priesthood, all the women gather around the door. We teach in the Relief Society room, so they all wait outside the door, Young Women included. It's like walking through the freaking gauntlet with all those 18-22 year-old single girls just hanging around and smelling nice and looking pretty. It's jacked up.

Mosiah 12:1 is hilarious. Abinadi is "in disguise" so no one notices him, and the first thing he says is "The Lord has told me 'Abinadi go and prophesy!'" He blows his cover within 1 verse! Haha.

So we got a message saying any packages you want to send me for Christmas, if sent by the 1st, will be brought to me. Otherwise I'll have to wait till the 21st. No biggie, just info.

The package you sent me last Friday I just got today. But, and this is a big but, the Office holds all mail the week of transfers (last week) till they know where everyone is. So I don't know when I would have normally gotten it...

Elder Thompson has not gotten 1 letter since he's been here. His family emails him, but they don't write, and no one else does either. I'm thinkin’ about asking my lady-friends who I have addresses for to write him once or twice. Think that's a good idea?

Man I love you guys, and I have more to write, so I'll send a letter home to ya.

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH IT'S NOT EVEN POSSIBLE TO WRITE DOWN IN WORDS!

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment