Monday, December 19, 2011

Drum Roll Please

Mom!


Our week has been slow otherwise, and we are struggling to find new investigators. We have one, C B (his step-mom called you not long ago), who is going well, though he will probably not make the covenant till January. Oh well...


So we need new brakes on our car, and no one up in Anderson will take Elder Hunt's (the senior couple Elder in charge of the cars) credit card over the phone. More on that later.

So transfers are Wednesday. We get a call each Saturday before transfers saying who will stay and who will go, though no info on where they're going or who is coming in. Drum roll please............ I will be........... Staying in Anderson! I will be here until at least February 1st, meaning I will be able to SKYPE y'all! I will also be receiving a new companion!

So some news. Remember Elder Thompson y'all wrote for me? He came out with us and he is training a new missionary. He has to go down to Columbia on Tuesday, and he will be in the 12 week training program with a new Elder for, well, the next 12 weeks. We're all wondering what will happen since he can't drive (didn't turn in all the paperwork...) and new Elders can't for at least a month. :p

I will ask President on Wednesday if I can look. We go to the Library every Friday anyways to check out mormon.org. I think he'll be ok with it, but we'll see. We'll talk more on Sunday about that.

Is there any new Singulair in the box you sent for Christmas? If not, in the next email can you tell me how I can get some? I've been out since Wednesday and I'm feelin it...

So Dad, thank you for teaching me how to not scrape when I drive and to take care of my ride. Everyone that drives our mission cars, aka the Lord's cars, either doesn't care or doesn't know how to take care. Elder G scrapes the car on what seems to be flat ground all the time! And they all park like sheep right in the pack... Shame shame... Hopefully I get to drive this coming transfer, but we'll see. Either way, my new companion will not be sheep-parking :p These poor mission cars don't need any more dings...

So Brandon Flowers, the lead singer for the Killers, has a mormon.org video. The song on there is addicting! I wish I had it... I don't know if it's missionary approved though... :/

Um.. Steve Jobs died?! When did that happen?! DID that happen? I heard about it in passing. Is it true? Details please!

I heard a silly joke the other day: A woman was speeding down the road and was pulled over by the State Trooper. The Trooper walked up to her window and she said "Are you gonna invite me to one of those fancy State Trooper Balls?"
The Trooper looked at her in puzzlement and said "State Troopers don't have balls, ma'am."
Blushing, the Trooper let the woman go with an ashamed wave...

Last thing, last night I had a dream I was hanging out with Sean and some new friends he had. One of them asked my name and I responded, "Well am I still on my mission in this dream?" The person I was talking to nodded so I said, "I'm Elder Seaver. But when I decide I'm not on my mission in this dream I'll be James." Haha. What? Weird...

Well that about sums up the week.

I love you all so much!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment