Monday, May 21, 2012

R.I.P. Chumlee. See Ya Soon!



This Sunday I heard a talk by President Jensen, the stake president in the W. Columbia Stake. He made some comments about the Atonement and it's far-reaching effects. He said "I just want to make it home." I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ enables us all- man, woman, child- to "return to that God who gave them life" (Alma 40). Every living thing on this planet is a child of our Father in Heaven. Everything. As the saying goes, "all dogs go to heaven." I'm glad he passed happily. I know he is glad you buried him in the yard.  Thank you for letting me know. I met a pug yesterday as a matter of fact. He is 4, and since they didn't neuter him he does this little pirouette twirl with both back legs off the ground and just his front planted to avoid the spot he peed on. Weird!

I do want to say my favorite Chumlee story though. Once upon a time, when I was a wee lad, Brennan and I would walk calmly down the hallway towards the stairs and Chum would be in the kitchen. Then we'd take off at full speed towards the mirror and he would chase us and bark up a storm! For some reason it would freak us out, even though he never actually bit us (cause he was just being a loving, playful little buddy, whereas we figured he was a blood-thirsty destroyer!). One day we thought for sure he was gonna get us, so we ran and jumped onto mom and dad's bed! Close one! Well, later that week, when at least mom, dad, and myself (can't remember who else was there) we're watching tv on their bed, Chumlee came cruising down the hall and bounded up onto the bed!! :D Good dawg!

R.I.P. Chumlee. See ya soon!

In other news, happier albeit, I got to shake Quentin L. Cook's hand yesterday! He spoke at the W. Columbia stake conference! It was sweet! He got up and said, "It's interesting to be here right now, with a message from the Lord for you. I don't know what the message is right now, but I'll open my mouth and we'll all find out! How's that sound?" He was so funny, but really spiritual, too! He told us about what the brethren are concerned about in our world right now, and how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help us all to conquer those concerns. Really cool. He also told a story about when his youngest son was 3. They were doing family home evening, and they were telling the story of Moses leading the Israelites to freedom. The 3-year-old was Moses, and Elder cook was Pharaoh. Moses said, "Let my people go!" and, acted out as the story goes, Elder Cook said no. His son asked again, and he said no again. The third time he asked, Elder Cook, who was kneeling down to be on his level, said no once again. His dear young son, being quite frustrated, punched him square in the nose and said, "LET MY PEOPLE GO!" Hahahaha. So funny!

We also got to spend time with Elders Gonzalez and Giddens of the seventy. They are over our region. We had a great time hearing stories of missionary work and a Q&A to help us be better. It was so sweet and spiritual!

So I have been waking up these last couple weeks with the Angry Bird, Bowser, and Yoshi randomly in my bed (usually they are on the nightstand. It goes wall, my bed, my nightstand, Elder Stanley's bed, his nightstand, space, closet). I haven't been able to figure out why. So finally a couple days ago I mentioned it to Elder Stanley. He was like; “I dunno man.” Later on, for some reason, it really started to bother me! I couldn't figure out what was going on! I kinda mentioned it in passing again, like man I wonder how I keep waking up with these things. Elder Stanley was like, "Maybe when you snore someone throws them at you to make you stop. And maybe he does it like with all of 'em and you keep snoring. Maybe he pegs you square in the face and it doesn't even make you skip a beat!" Hahahahahahahaha. He's been, well, you get it. Today I woke up and his mattress and he were across the room on the floor by the air conditioner trying to block out the sound. Poor guy. I didn't even know I snored! I guess I get it from my dad. And maybe dear old Chumlee is sleeping near me, snoring like he usually does, and that's why I don't stop when he nails me. Cause it's Chumblebee snoring. Ya dig? I do.

So speaking of Celtic Woman, I have discovered 1 album I do not own. I don't know the name of it, but it is a Celtic Woman Christmas album. Obviously they don't sell it right now in stores, so I'll have to wait I guess. Maybe you can find it online? S

Oh yeah, remember that pug I mentioned I met earlier? His name is Harley. He's fawn color though. But still. It's a pug week I guess!

Most of our investigators, just so y'all know, are kinda flaking out on us and we haven't been able to get a hold of them! :( Pray for them!!!! Read Alma 6:6 and then pray for   H. F. & family, and D. D. and her son A.!

That's about it for this week. Love y'all a ton!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Seaver

Where, when my aching grows?
Where, when I languish?
Where, in my need to know?
Where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.

No comments:

Post a Comment