Monday, June 4, 2012

Gone an Entire Pregnancy


Mom,
 
I want you to know that I was going to use the pregnant joke, but you beat me to it! I laughed so hard reading that! :p
 
Wow, time is really flying! It's been a transfer already... This will be my first transfer since Elder Greear that I'll have the same companion again. Elder Stanley and I will be spending another six weeks together here in Gilbert. I love it here!
 
We're working with a family of 5 (the mom is a less-active member) and it's going really well! We're also working with a lady named D. (Don't remember if I've told y'all bout them) and her 9-year-old son A. She works on Sundays, so she couldn't come to church. But she came at six PM and we gave her a tour of the building with some members to get her and A. comfortable with it all. They really liked it! She did comment on how we were "missing" the altar, candles, stained glass windows, and crosses. I got a kick outta that one. Growing up with different churches and switching to one so simple as ours must really be a big change- something I'm glad I haven't ever had to deal with.
 
So I was pondering dear old Chumlee the other day, and I happened across a scripture explaining what will happen to him now that he has passed on:

D & C 29:24-25
 24 For all old things shall pass away, and all things shall become new, even the heaven and the earth, and all the fulness thereof, both men and beasts, the fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea;
 25 And not one hair, neither mote, shall be lost, for it is the workmanship of mine hand.
So there it is.

We had a bunch of bananas that went bad this past week, so I attempted banana bread. Yes, it was fantastic!

I got some new socks to try and counteract the blisters- Eureka! It works! Nice thick-bottomed socks with a meshy top to vent the heat. It's great :D

I saw this cool electronic dictionary the other day at Wal-mart, just a little thing that I thought was so clever. Like a Pokedex for words! Who woulda thought.

Hey, can you send me one of those origional copies of the Book of Mormon? Yknow, the original print replicas they have now. And can you find the military sized B of M, too? I think they have the blue ones for like $4 on lds.org, but I wanna see if you can get the red ones anywhere. I was just thinking I'd like one to have in my pocket all the time. I hate being without my "sword" when I give the one I'm carrying away to someone else.. :/

That's about it for this week!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment