Monday, June 3, 2013

Bold as Bold can be



Dear mom,

This week was awesome! We had interviews and a fireside on Tuesday.

Elder Tonge had some bad news about his knee, he has to go home for surgery. Torn meniscus and multi-loculated cyst mass from taking too long to get it looked at. We don't know when he is leaving, but we found out Friday.

He had to talk to Sister Holm since she is in charge of medical during interviews in the interview room, so President and I did our interview walking around outside the church. That was fun. He said "this will probably be the last formal you and I have." he then promised me that if I was bold as bold can be, not overbearing, but nearly that bold "aim for overbold rather than underbold" that I would see more success this last two transfers in bring souls to Christ than I have in the last year. So since Tuesday we did that.

We were SO bold. And we taught double the lessons we have all transfer. We put double the people on date for baptism than we have had all transfer. We had double the people come to church than we had the whole last transfer. It was awesome! I love being bold! The trick is to just start teaching people and asking them about themselves rather thank asking, "could we come in for a few minutes and share a message?" It's awesome! I love being a missionary so much!

Transfers are coming up a week from Wednesday. President and I discussed what the Lord wants for me to do these last two transfers. He said, "You came out with Elder Thompson right?" I said yes. He just looked at me and said "hmm" three times. Then he paused and said "I will pray about transfers next week. That's good to know. Hmm." Elder Thompson and I have prayed and wished to be companions for our whole missions- maybe it'll happen! :) We are getting sisters in the next transfer or two here in Spartanburg, so they may take one companionship of Elders out. We'll see. I'll keep you posted. 

I'm glad to hear the family is doing well! I wear my Team Jami shirt whenever I wanna look classy- you know I like to look classy, and that fiery red with the perfect logo on it just looks so classy. It also prompts people to ask me about my amazing sister Jami, of whom I can then share stories. Then people say they will keep her in her prayers. They may not be of our faith, but I am 100% sure God answers to every prayer offered in faith unto Him. :)

I love being a missionary so much! I -can hardly believe it! It's the most fulfilling thing in the world. It's the only thing I've done in my life with any significance. I am grateful to be here. I love South Carolina!

Love ya'll muchly!

Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment