Monday, April 1, 2013

Glad to hear all is well in Zion!


Dear mom,

Glad to hear all is well in Zion!

This week we had a 2-day Leadership Training Meeting that we all 4 went to. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I noticed this week that my paradigm has shifted away from missionary work and more to learning doctrine. While learning the doctrine is good, and definitely helps me teach better, I need to get back in the swing of missionary work! I need to quit messing around with picking apart the scriptures and spend more time finding people to teach and baptize! Sheesh.

The S. came to church this week after weeks of being MIA! That was good. They are going to be out of town ‘till the 30th though…  But that's ok. We'll keep working with them. Their kids are staying at home with J.'s sister, and they asked us to stop by a few times and check on ‘em. So, we will. Ha-ha.

We've also been teaching this old mostly deaf couple named the G.. It's fun, but difficult. We just hope that our continued visits and the pamphlets will bring the Spirit enough to entice them to come to church.

I am so excited for General Conference this week! Stoked beyond belief for the awesome doctrine we're gonna learn! I love hearing our beloved Prophet and Apostles speak :) I am also glad to not have to wear my suit after that. Ha-ha

After our 2-day meeting we went to dinner- both nights, a Chinese buffet and pizza buffet. Then on Easter we got fed a huge lunch from a media referral we finally got in touch with, and dinner from a family we home teach for the ward. It was awesome. I have eaten so much! So to compensate, we started running in the mornings. It stinks while you're actively running, but you feel great after! I have so much more energy, which is kinda backwards in my mind.

Anyway, the only other thing to mention is that I will be spending a few bucks on getting a bike fixed up. A missionary, who went home, Elder Ultra, left his bike and I'm fixing it up so that I can have my own. It needs a new cassette and chain and derailleur, but that's about it. Then I'll just donate it back to the mission when I'm done with it. Oh and I got my package. Yes, we all loved it!

Well that about sums it up this week. Love ya'll!
Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment